What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that can transform an existing WordPress website into a true eCommerce store. All it takes is a couple of clicks.
Essentially, WooCommerce builds upon the initial capabilities of WordPress and adds eCommerce functionality.
WooCommerce allows you to sell anything on your website. It’s primarily used to sell physical products, like jewelry, coffee, t-shirts, beard oils, and basically anything else under the sun. However, it doesn’t end there, you can use WooCommerce to sell digital products as well.
You can sell eBooks, courses, and even allow people to book appointments or make reservations.
Whatever you’re looking to sell through your website, WooCommerce can help you do it easily.
Here are a few reasons why the use of WooCommerce is so widespread:
- It’s entirely free to install on your site, just like WordPress.
- It’s also open-source, like WordPress, so you’ll find a massive library of free themes, add-ons, and more.
- It’s straightforward to use and built with complete beginners in mind.
- You have control over the final design, via a full library of WooCommerce themes.
- Your store is mobile-friendly right out of the box, so it will look and perform great no matter what devices your visitors are using to shop.
- You can add a ton of different features via the plugin library, just like how you usually add features to a standard WordPress site.