Email setup – Outlook
You can set up your email account in a “client” on your computer or a mobile device. We recommend using IMAP to set up your email account because it syncs your emails across all your devices and Webmail. Unlike POP, which downloads your emails and removes them from the server and Webmail.
- Click File → Info → Add account.
The Outlook wizard for setting up a new account will open.
- Enter an email address to add your account.
- Click Advanced options and check the box for Let me set up my account manually.
- Click Connect.
- Choose the account type IMAP.
- Enter Password and Click Connect
- If fail to connect, click “Change Account Settings” option
- The dialog IMAP Account Settings will open up.
- Use the following settings:
Incoming mail: Server mail.example.com with port 143 and the encryption method STARTTLS
Outgoing mail: Server mail.example.com with port 587 and the encryption method STARTTLS
- Click on Next.
- Enter your password and click on Connect.
Your account is set up and ready to use. Click on OK to close the wizard.
Need Email Setup Help?
Talk to us today. Now Technology Systems help and support your email setup or problem.