Email setup – Mac
You can set up your email account in a “client” on your Mac or a mobile device. We recommend using IMAP to set up your email account because it syncs your emails across all your devices and Webmail. Unlike POP, which downloads your emails and removes them from the server and Webmail.
- Open Mac Mail. Click Mail, then click Accounts.
- Scroll down and select Add Other Account
- Click Mail account. You may need to scroll down again to see this option.
- Enter your name, your full email address and the password.
- Enter the incoming and outgoing server details:
- Email Address: your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Username: your full email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: the password for your email account.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.example.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: mail.example.com
- Click Sign In
- Make sure Mail is ticked
- Click Done and finish. Your account is set up and ready to use.If the email settings are incorrect, you’ll be asked to edit them.
Use the following settings:
- Incoming mail: Server mail.example.com with port 143 and the encryption method STARTTLS
- Outgoing mail: Server mail.example.com with port 587 and the encryption method STARTTLS
Need Email Setup Help?
Talk to us today. Now Technology Systems help and support your email setup or problem.